Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Eraser Machine!

I feel like a kid in a candy store (pun intended), as soon as I opened this package from UPS.



The moment I saw this idea on Pinterest, I knew I had to make one! I was convinced 4th graders ate glue sticks and now I'm convince 5th graders eat pencils and ERASERS!!! I can't even begin to keep track of how many pencil top erasers we went through!And I hate to admit....it was kinda a free-for-all :(

This year I will have my brand new eraser machine at the ready! No more going to search for erasers or dig them out of my desk drawers! Hopefully I will get kids and parents to donate some every now and then and replenish the supply as the year goes on.

Here is the link to the Carousel Gumball Machine. Found it on amazon for $20 (it's now about $22), 2-day free shipping! I just can't pass up their deals! I am not sure how I will use this yet, it takes all coins, BUT there is one feature that I absolutely love - you can covert it to "freeplay" (instructions included) which means it won't require any coins to get an eraser. Sounds like a fun prize incentive to me!

To give credit where credit is due, after all this blog is to SHARE awesome teachery ideas - follow the link above to see where I first saw this gumball eraser machine on Pinterest. I know there are a lot of these going around, not sure if this is the original, but it is what inspired me!

The BEST part about this gumball machine - it came with an 8 oz bag of yummy gumballs! 



3 comments:

  1. Hi! Love this idea. Didn't realize anyone else had thought it would be a good idea! Great minds think alike. So, do they fall out easily? I was worried about that and didn't want to buy a machine without knowing! Thanks for the help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE this idea - it will look super cute next to my pencil (straw) dispenser. Have you tried it out? Does it really work?

    ReplyDelete
  3. candy bagging machine has been a favorite attraction at parties and carnivals for a long time. You can buy or rent machines so that family and friends can enjoy this treat anytime.

    ReplyDelete