Thursday, August 18, 2016

Pick Me Sticks!


Every year I personalize popsicle sticks with my students' names on them to use for random grouping and partners. This year I have about 90 students (for the first time!) I decided to use their numbers instead of names and make them cute! Each student in my classes will receive a number based on their ABC order in their homeroom.

I saw this idea on Pinterest - unfortunately it did not have a link, so I will not link it here. Mine aren't exactly like the Pinterest ones, but I had fun making them with my 2 almost first graders.


I added the silver from the suggestion of one of my girls.












First, we drew a line and colored the tip of a popsicle stick with a pink sharpie. 



Then, we added a pencil tip. 
Next, we added silver to show the silver part from a pencil.
Finally, I painted each stick, waited for them to dry, then used black sharpie to add the numbers. I wanted to put the numbers up top, but I like the look of them hidden. Once a student's stick has been chosen, I'll put them back in, tip up. Eraser up means they have not been picked!







With my little helpers :)




No comments:

Post a Comment